- Auto-print last expression of
- Change color of visited links in command output.
- Command+i in find dialog to toggle ignore case.
- Change new document insertion position in document tree to be consistent:
after current document.
- Fix off-by-one error in command bar path autocompletion.
- Fix freeze on highlight text in large file.
- Fix diff on save after file changed on disk.
- Fix diff on prompt to overwrite.
- Upgrade to Python 3.6.
uniquecommand for removing duplicate lines.
preferencescommand (also aliased as
- Add regular expression and Python syntax highlighting in find dialog.
- Syntax highlighting: add bash comment token
#for commenting multiple lines
when Shell syntax is enabled.
- Syntax highlighting: highlight escape sequences in Python strings.
- Only escape characters in find dialog that have special meaning in regular
expressions. This means that characters like space and tab are not escaped.
blamecommand error on non-zero exit.
- Fix undo after type, paste, then type some more.
- Fix bug in indentation mode/size detection: line with single leading space is
not considered to be an indented line.
- Fix editing commands (insert newline, indent, find/replace) and syntax
highlighting in documents with emoji.
- Fix insert newline removing characters when selected text had leading
- Fix closing document with no path.
- Fix command argument completion bugs.
- Fix scrollbars showing when not needed.
Remove close buttons from file tree. Right-click > Close or or Command+W
agfor faster find-in-file. Unfortunately the
program's options are not compatible with
ack, so this means you must
the_silver_searcher) to use the
agcommand. The old
ackcommand is an alias for the new
agcommand also now
runs in a background thread.
Allow multi-selection in file tree. Some commands work differently with
multiple files selected. For example, if there are two files selected, the
diffcommand will compare them. It is also possible to close multiple files
at once by selecting them and then Right Click > Close.
executableargument now accepts a virtualenv path
(or any directory containing an executable at
bin/python) from which it will
automatically derive the Python executable path.
blamecommand, which invokes
git gui blameon the current file.
github-urlcommand, which creates a link to the github page for the
Exclude unwanted files and directories from the pathfind command. The default
set of excluded files is:
command: pathfind: exclude_patterns: - "*.pyc" - ".git" - ".hg" - ".svn"
This can be customized in the config file.
Maintain scroll position on soft wrap toggle.
Fixed sluggish typing and line number redrawing bug.
Fixed newlines in markdown output.
Fixed Escape key in project main view.
Fixed move to beginning of line (Home, Command+Left Arrow) with unicode.
Fixed bugs in Home/End cursor movement and selection.
- Add wildcard path matching to
set comment_tokencommand, which changes the comment token for the
document's language (in all editors) until the program is restarted.
- Add moved file detection (update path when file is moved).
- Add config setting (
updates_path_on_file_move: true) and command to change
document-level setting (
set updates_path_on_file_move yes) to enable or
disable file move detection for globally or individually for each document.
The default config value is
true(move detection is enabled by default).
- Activate window unsaved indocator when current document has unsaved changes.
- Do not escape spaces in command bar file auto-complete list.
- Fix tab path expansion in project view when project path has trailing slash.
- Fix default value for skipped regex args in command bar.
- Fix document paths with up-references resulting in unnecessary save prompt.
- Fix command completions view sometimes not drawing.
- Fix line numbers overlap content text after find next.
- Fix undo in command bar.
- Fix command bar auto-complete for directory with space in name.
- Improve responsiveness while highlighting syntax in large files.
- Added many new syntax definitions derived from the
highlight.js library. Note: the built-in theme
does not yet have colors defined for all token types, so tokens in some
languages may not be colored as expected. Better theme support is planned for
a future release.
- Syntax definitions now allow
combined in a single
ruleslist. Use of separate
delimited_rangeslists is deprecated, and cannot be used in combination
with a consolidated
- Syntax definition attribute
default_text(added in 1.8.0) was renamed to
- Add context menu for documents pane.
pathfindcommand for finding files by regular expression matching paths
find /path | grep pattern). One place where this is very handy
is finding the file for an imported Python module. Select the imported module
editxt.command.find) and enter the
pathfindcommand or use
it's hotkey (Command+Alt+P) to quickly find the file for that module. The file
will be opened if there is a single match. Otherwise a list of clickable
matches will be displayed in the command output area. The default search path
is the current project path, and can be set with the
...abbreviation for the project path. This is displayed in window
titles and other places where abbreviated paths are displayed. It can also be
typed in the command bar to reference file paths from the root of the current
ack "def delimit" .../editxt.
- Change: use selected text as default pattern for
- Change: use first matching choice instead of error on ambiguous argument
typed in command bar.
- Change: prompt on save if file has path but does not exist on disk.
- Do not open error log in new window on launch.
- Convert newlines to match document on paste multi-line text.
- Fix no document selected in tree after drag/drop.
- Fix line numbers overlapping text on goto line > 100 in newly opened document.
- Fix bugs in file command argument parser.
- Fix sluggish line insertion on Mac OS 10.11.
- Remove unnecessary "Paste and Match Style" menu item.
- Hopefully fix
- Fix/reset text attributes on reload document.
- Pick a font!
(install if necessary) then
set font YourFavoriteFontto give it a spin.
open ~/.editxt/config.yamland set your preferred font.
font: face: Inconsolata size: 14
reload_config. If you really don't like change you can revert to
the old font style:
font: face: Monaco size: 10 smooth: false
The system default fixed width font and size will be used if no font is set
in the config. To view the current font, type
set fontin the command bar
and observe the default parameter values.
- Improve line numbers, including support for correct numbering on soft-wrapped
documents. The line number view now uses the same background and border color
as the right margin. These colors can be customized in the config:
line_number_color: 707070 right_margin: position: 80 line_color: E6E6E6 margin_color: F7F7F7
- Select line(s) on click/drag in line number view.
- Rescan selection on Replace (Command+=), and replace only if the find
text/pattern is found in the selection.
pythoncommand, which executes the current file content or selection
as python code. It does the same thing as
python -c CODEin a terminal.
- Show message instead of beep on
ackcommand with no match.
- Do not update command history on keyboard document navigation.
- Switch to a file in another project with
doc PROJECT FILE.
nonlocalkeyword to Python syntax definition.
- Fix crasher bug related to command bar view.
- Fix missing command auto-complete title.
- Fix various bugs in
NOTE for users updating from versions before 1.7.1: you need to run a
command in the terminal before clicking Install and Relaunch during the
update process (adjust the
/Applications/EditXT.apppart of the path to
where EditXT.app is located on your local machine):
chmod +x /Applications/EditXT.app/Contents/Frameworks/Sparkle.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/Autoupdate.app/Contents/MacOS/Autoupdate
Add/update syntax definitions: Bind zone, diff, Jinja, SQL
Fix packaging issue that broke auto-updater.
Fix parse error in commands with file arguments.