Sprinkle - Asset Management Library
Sprinkle is an asset management library for CodeIgniter which seeks to simplify the process of loading assets on the page. The library includes key features such as auto-loading, combining, compressing CSS or JS files, caching, and much more.
- PHP 5.3.x
- CodeIgniter 2.x
How To Use It
1. Load the library
2. Define assets
jquery: type: js minify: false combine: false src: http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.js
3. Set up asset routes or load assets from the controller
'welcome/(:any)': assets: - jquery
Load from the controller
See the wiki for more information.
- Made group() method more compact and flexible. It now supports a desired amount of params: the first one must be the name of a group (string) and rest can be either strings or arrays of strings with LOADED asset names.
- Added 3 new wildcards for the routes: (:!any), (:default) and (:home). See the wiki for more information.
- Yet another attempt at fixing critical problems with asset route parsing. Expect more improvements in the future.
- The method output() now accepts a second parameter which lets you specify what type of assets to output for a group. For example,
$this->sprinkle->output('my_group', 'css');will only output CSS assets from that group. Thanks to Ammon Casey for adding this feature.
- Fixed a bug which caused some of the routes not to be parsed correctly.
- (:any) wildcard in the asset routes file now also takes the homepage (default CI route) into account.
- Added asset filter auto-loading. You can set these filters in the configuration file.
- When defining assets (or loading them from a controller), you can now exclude specific filters.
- Specifying https protocol in the asset source will prevent Sprinkle from fetching the asset contents.
- After changing some of the settings in Sprinkle configuration or asset definitions file you may not get the result you want. To do avoid this, you have to clear the cache first.
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Edmundas Kondrašovas
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.