An idealised isopycnal ocean circulation model that can either be run as a reduced gravity model with n + 1/2 layers, or with n layers and variable bathymetry.
- Easy to install on a laptop or a compute node, including without administrative privileges.
- Easy to configure. All parameters, including grid size, are specified at runtime in a simple configuration file.
- Easy to use. Aronnax can be controlled programmatically as a Python library.
- Easy to learn and understand, with extensive online documentation, including a complete description of the physics and the numerics.
- Verified. Aronnax successfully reproduces published results from idealised models appearing in the literature.
- Fast. The main integration loop is a Fortran program, wrapped in Python for convenient use.
Please report any bugs you come across in the Github issue tracker
Feature requests should also be made through the Github issue tracker