Syntax highlighting and autocomplete for the Elm language.
There are two ways to install the Atom Elm Extension: using the editor, or using the command line.
Install using the editor (Recommended)
You can install packages within Atom. To do so:
- Open the editor settings
- Click the "Install" menu item
- Search for "language-elm"
- Click the install button on the "language-elm" result
More documentation for how to use the package manager can be found on the official Atom site.
Install using the command line
Run the following command in your terminal:
apm install language-elm
In order to get autocomplete working, please:
- Open up a terminal
npm install -g elm-oracle
which elm-oracleon Unix/Linux or
where.exe elm-oracleon Windows
- Copy the path to elm-oracle
- Open up the language-elm settings in Atom
- Open up the Atom Settings / Preferences tab - Click on "Packages" - Find the "language-elm" package in the list - Click "Settings"
- Paste the path into "The elm-oracle executable path" setting
Thanks to the authors of Elm Oracle
Jump to Symbol
Atom's native symbol-view package uses ctags, and thus doesn't support Elm without extra configuration. But this plugin https://atom.io/packages/goto uses langauge definition files to identify symbols, and does support Elm as long as atom-elm is installed.