A Meteor application/experiment. Listen to music, watch videos and chat with friends and people from all over the world in real-time. Powered by the Echo Nest, YouTube and Spotify APIs.
To run Sky locally you will need to have Meteor installed. If you don't know what Meteor is about, please check the official Meteor site.
- Clone this repository.
- Copy the
api_keys.js.examplefile on the
api_keys.jsand add your own API keys there.
- That's it! You can now run
meteoron the project's folder and you're done.
Please note that you need keys for all services on the
api_keys.js file. Missing keys will result in the app not working properly.
Getting my API keys
In case you don't know where to get keys for the services, here are some links with instructions:
- YouTube: developers.google.com/youtube/v3/getting-started#intro
- The Echo Nest: developer.echonest.com/raw_tutorials/register.html
- Twitter: apps.twitter.com
- On your app settings:
- Make sure to define a callback URL (if you're not sure, just use
- And make sure to check "Allow this application to be used to Sign in with Twitter"
Just build it and send me a pull request. If you're thinking about a big change, please send me an e-mail to
rene (at) burdeo.com to discuss it with anticipation so you don't waste your time. If you want to do something else entirely, feel free to fork it and do as you please.