A CLI & Daemon tool to run a NodeJS process Forever, restarting on file changes & crashes with piping to stdout or log files.
$ [sudo] npm install nitrix -g
Realtime Editing & Development
$ nitrix app.js
$ npm test
Version 0.0.5 (master, in progress)
- Commander now uses proper version #
- Minor [nitrix] changes in logger()
- Remove special characters such as \n \r >s
- Testing for running app.js before teardown
- Removed duplicated console.log
- Fixed path bug
- Kill node process on test teardown
- Restart/Cleanup on
- Keep everything in bin vs. lib
restartTimeout/1s/1000ms restart on irrecoverable
- Readme improvements
- Removed help options that are for later implementation
- Added a complete automated vows test suite
- Added .gitignore
Version 0.0.1 (initial version)
nitrix start myapp.js
Kill process before respawn
- Restart on file edits
- Restart on uncaughtException
- Sweet spot for development usage.
Copyright (c) 2011, Edward Hotchkiss.
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.