OS X Installer for the Cloudera Distribution for Hadoop
This allows for creating an installer for Hadoop for Mac OS X that attempts to integrate Hadoop in a typical manner with the OS:
- Most files are put in
launchdwill be used for stopping and starting the various daemons.
- Paths are added to
PATHby way of
- Daemons don't correctly start up for Hadoop and I haven't done anything yet for ZooKeeper.
- I haven't put HBase, Hive, Flume or Hue in here yet.
- Permissions are not quite right yet for various files. This is pretty frustrating.
- It would be nice to automate setting
JAVA_HOMEfor those things that need it. (This is just a matter of setting
JAVA_HOMEto the output of
- I haven't done anything to deal with updating to newer versions yet.
- To build the installer, you download the various
.tar.gzfiles from Cloudera, unpack them and put them in the right places under
- There are symlinks without version numbers (and capitalized) that all go into
/Library/Clouderaon the target system. If the version being installed changes, then the symlink must also be updated.
- I will have another script added at some point that handles setting up the permissions correctly once I figure out what all is needed there.
- I run the
xmllintto format them nicer for diffs with the