Join GitHub today
Named Entity Recognition
A definition from Wikipedia:
Named-entity recognition (NER) (also known as entity identification, entity chunking and entity extraction) is a subtask of information extraction that seeks to locate and classify named entities in text into pre-defined categories such as the names of persons, organizations, locations, expressions of times, quantities, monetary values, percentages, etc.
Named Entities for Greek language
The Greek language models support a subset of the supported spaCy built-in Named Entity Types.
To be more specific, the following Named Entities Categories can be recognized by the Greek models:
- ORG: Companies, agencies, institutions, political parties, etc.
- PRODUCT: Objects, vehicles, foods, etc.
- PERSON: People, including fictional.
- EVENT: Named hurricanes, battles, wars, sports events, etc.
- GPE: Countries, cities, states.
- LOC: Non-GPE locations, mountain ranges, bodies of water.