Ownership and License
The contributors are listed in CONTRIB.TXT. This project uses the GPL v3 license, see LICENSE.TXT. EEZ Studio uses the C4.1 (Collective Code Construction Contract) process for contributions. To report an issue, use the EEZ Studio issue tracker.
The EEZ Studio is an open source cross-platform modular visual tool aimed to address various programming and management tasks for EEZ H24005 programmable power supply and other test and measurement instruments that support SCPI.
EEZ Studio Project Editor (ESP)
- Modular visual development environment for designing TFT display screen decorations and defining user interaction (HMI)
- Supported modules (project features):
- Settings (General, Build, Configurations, Files)
- Extentsion definitions
- GUI (Storyboard, Pages, Widgets, Styles, Fonts, Bitmaps)
- SCPI (command subsystems, commands and context sensitive help)
- Generate C++ code for HMI functionality that can be directly included in Arduino IDE and upload into the 32-bit Arduino Due board
- Instrument definition file (IDF) builder with context sensitive SCPI commands help (based on Keysight’s Offline Command Expert command set XML structure) suitable for EEZ Studio Workbench (ESW) and Keysight Command Expert
- SCPI command help generator based on bookmarked HTML generated directly from .odt file using EEZ WebPublish extension for OpenOffice/LibreOffice.
EEZ Studio Workbench (ESW)
- Dynamic environment where multiple instruments and other "widgets" can be placed and easily accessed
- Session oriented interaction with each SCPI instrument
- Support for serial (via USB) and TCP/IP communication
- Direct import of ESP generated IDFs and Keysight’s Offline Command Expert command sets
- Built-in instrument extensions for Rigol 1000 series of DSO/MSO
- History of all activities with search/content filtering
- Quick navigation via calendar ("heatmap") or sessions list view
- SCPI commands context sensitive help with search
- File upload (instrument to PC) with image preview (e.g. screenshots)
- File download (PC to instrument) automation for transferring instrument profiles
- Simple arbitrary waveform editor (envelope and table mode)
- Displaying measurement data as graphs
Scheduled for future milestones:
- Support for other connections (i.e. VXI-11, USBTMC, IVI) using 3rd party open source
- Instrument extensions for popular instruments from other vendors
- Print and PDF export
- (External) Data logger functionality
- Protocol analyzer using 3rd party open source
- Import/export of all working data (i.e. measurements, session history, shortcuts, settings, etc.) for archiving purposes or easier integration with e.g. ELNs
eezstudio-linux-x64.tar.gz, unpack and select
eezstudio-mac.zip, unpack and move
eezstudio.app to Applications.
Download and start
Build and run from source (all operating systems)
Node.JS 8.9.xor newer
node-gyp, more information at https://github.com/nodejs/node-gyp#installation
clone git clone https://github.com/eez-open/studio cd studio npm run build npm start
Download and start Zadig. Select your device and click "Install WCID Driver" button.
Follow instructions described here under "USB connection".
Where is database file located?
Creating database someplace else can be done from ESW Settings.
Where are installed extensions stored?