Getting Started with RavenDB Index Replication Bundle
Being able to push Raven data out to a SQL-based data repository for reporting will be a huge boost to RavenDB adoption. The Index Replication Bundle does a great job of solving that problem, but the documentation is a little weak.
This sample provides working code to get someone started with using the bundle.
- Create a "Plugins" directory under the directory where Raven.Server.exe resides.
- Add a connection string to Raven.Server.exe.config...
connectionString="Data Source=(local);Initial Catalog=Sample;Integrated Security=SSPI;"/>
- Create a database in SQL Server called "Sample".
- Run the program.
- Click the Create Table button.
- Click the Create Index button.
- Click the configure Replication button.
- Add a dog to Raven
You should see that dog appear in the Dogs table in SQL Server.