Optimus: A Hypervisor for Shared-Memory FPGA Platforms
All of the source code for Optimus is open source, and is comprised of the following components:
- The Optimus Hypervisor is provided as a host kernel module.
- The hardware monitor is provided as a basic building block (BBB).
- The guest driver is provided as a guest kernel module, which drives the virtualized accelerator.
Guest Core Library
- The guest core library is embedded in the Intel OPAE SDK.
Guest MPF Library
- MPF is a software/hardware library which provides a group of memory properties such as memory ordering. We have modified the library to support virtual accelerators.
- MemBench, LinkedList, SSSP, and Bitcoin can be found in https://github.com/efeslab/optimus-intel-fpga-bbb/tree/master/samples/tutorial. We additionally include our ports of three benchmarks from HardCloud (grayscale, sobel, and gaussian) in this repository, as these benchmarks required significant changes to run on our platform.
- The hardware portion of the remaining HardCloud benchmarks can be found in https://github.com/efeslab/hardcloud. The software portion of these benchmarks can be found in https://github.com/efeslab/hardcloud_no_openmp. Note that the benchmarks are compiled without OpenMP support.
- The synthesis configuration for these benchmarks can be found in https://github.com/efeslab/optimus-intel-fpga-bbb/tree/master/samples/tutorial/synth_config.
- Our code is developed and tested using the hardware and software specificed here.
- A step-by-step tutorial is available here to help you build everything from scratch.
- Some scripts we used in our experiment can be found here.
- The definition of Optimus's preemption interface can be found here.
- A brief guide for pass-through setup can be found here.