Fontomas - iconic fonts scissors
Run right now in your browser! This tool helps to combine iconic webfonts for your project. With fontomas you can:
- make a limited symbols subset, with reduced font size
- merge symbols from several fonts to single file
- access large collections of professional-grade open source icons
Now it's trivial to customise fonts for your needs with 3 simple steps.
First, select the symbols you want from the source fonts. Then rearrange those
in the destination font. After that, you can download a generated SVG icon font,
and generate an
@font-face set of fonts via fontsquirrel generator
or other services.
(*) Currently we only support loading SVG fonts & Cufon files. Other formats will be supported when we implement server-side scripts.
For your convenience, Fontomas comes with wonderful embedded iconic fonts:
- Entypo by Daniel Bruce [rescaled to ascent/descent] (CC BY-SA license)
- Iconic by P.J. Onori (SIL OFL)
- Web Symbols by Just Be Nice studio (SIL OFL)
See details on fonts homepages. Of course, you can add more fonts if you wish.
- User questions: Google group
- Bug reports: Issue tracker
- Suggestions about adding your OFL fonts or another collaborations: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fontomas code (all files, except fonts) is distributed under MIT licence. See LICENSE file for details.
Embedded fonts are distributed under their primary licences (SIL OFL / CC BY-SA). See section Embedded Fonts above for credits & links to fonts homepages.
Generated fonts are intended for web usage, and should not be
considered/distributed as independed artwork. Treat Fontomas as a
fonts archiver. Please, credit the original font creators.
Credit to Fontomas is not required :)