Lightweight, simpler alternative to Wikipedia
Focusing on functionality and modularity, rather than making everything look nice (that comes later). Due to the use of HTML5, mainly
contenteditable, everything will work best in a Chromium-based browser (Chrome, Edge, Yandex, Brave, Opera, or Vivaldi).
Currently, you can create, edit and delete pages with content that includes different sections. Bold and italic text, as well as links are also supported.
Note: The batch file
copy-peg.bat included is not required, and therefore can be ignored. It is only for copying files from the XAMPP directory to the GitHub directory.
- Create, edit and view pages
- These may include text, images, graphs, and other media
- Maintain certain elements of Wikipedia
- General look and feel
- Basic functionality
- Be able to import pages from Wikipedia
- Dark and light themes (currently only dark)
- Code base that is easy to follow and modify
- "It just works"