Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Compiler Warnings #703
There were/are many compiler warnings, esp. with new versions of gcc, that i openen this issue to coordinate analysis and work to each of them. Some of them are already fixed by (pending) PRs.
The following findings are with current (moving) git version of eggdrop.
2. gcc 8.2.1, default cflags
This will be fixed by #765 (For sane settings in version.h)
3. gcc 8.2.1, NOT default cflags
This will be fixed by #704
10. Minix 3.3.0 i386 clang 3.4 default cflags
Harmless, but we may find a way to silence this warning.
11. 64-bit NetBSD 6.1.5 gcc 4.5.3 Tcl 8.6.8 OpenSSL 1.0.1i CFLAGS default
Tested eggdrop version: git commit 713cedf Oct 17 2018
This will be fixed by #548
13. FreeBSD 6.4-RELEASE gcc 3.4.6 Tcl 8.4.19 default cflags
15. 64-bit FreeBSD 12.0-BETA2 gcc 7.3.0 and 32-bit sparc sun4v SunOS 5.11 gcc 7.3.0
16. 32-bit sparc sun4v SunOS 5.11 SunC 5.15
17. 32-bit sparc sun4v SunOS 5.11 SunC 5.15 OpenSSL 1.0.2o
18. 32-bit sparc sun4v SunOS 5.11 SunC 5.15
Now for the good part.
(*1) OpenBSD warns about general stuff that doesn't count here:
(*2) OpenSSL/LibreSSL not detected by default. Fix:
(*3) Tcl not installed, so use a self compiled one, Fix:
(*4) The compilation is fine, but there are other annoyances:
4.3 is addressed with #735
(*5) w/ user compiled tcl
$ ./configure --with-tcl=/home/michael/opt/tcl-8.6.8/lib/tclConfig.sh
(*6) compiles fine, but modular compile coredumps, so