Radiant Globalize2-Paperclipped Extension
Requires Radiant >= 0.8. Tested on Radiant 0.9 RC1.
- Provides the ability to translate Paperclipped assets (title and caption) using the Radiant admin interface.
- Altered Paperclipped Radius Tags which take into account the locale
Globalize2-Paperclipped Extension has two dependencies:
git clone git://github.com/kbingman/paperclipped.git vendor/extensions/paperclipped
And the Radiant Globalize2 Extension
git clone git://github.com/Aissac/radiant-globalize2-extension.git vendor/extensions/globalize2
Run the rake tasks, first for Paperclipped, then for Globalize 2:
rake radiant:extensions:paperclipped:migrate rake radiant:extensions:paperclipped:update rake radiant:extensions:globalize2:migrate rake radiant:extensions:globalize2:update
Install the Radiant Globalize2-Paperclipped Extension
git clone git://github.com/Aissac/radiant-globalize2-paperclipped-extension.git vendor/extensions/globalize2_paperclipped
And run the rake tasks:
rake radiant:extensions:globalize2_paperclipped:migrate rake radiant:extensions:globalize2_paperclipped:update
The git branches hold stable versions of the extension for older version of Radiant CMS. To checkout one of these branches:
git clone git://github.com/Aissac/radiant-globalize2-paperclipped-extension.git vendor/extensions/globalize2_paperclipped cd vendor/extensions/globalize2_paperclipped git checkout -b <branch-name> origin/<remote-branch-name>
Being based on these two extensions Globalize2-Paperclipped needs to be loaded after both of them.
config.extensions = [ :paperclipped, :globalize2, :globalize2_paperclipped, :all ]
You have the possibility to change the locale either on the assets index page, or on the asset edit page. As for the Globalize2, changing the locale using either options will change the locale for the entire application.
- See the "available tags" documentation built into the Radiant page admin for more details.
- Use the <r:assets:if_translation_asset /> and <r:assets:unless_translation_asset /> tags to render the asset only if/unless it is translated
- The <r:if_assets /> and <r:unless_assets /> tags render the contained elements only if/unless there are translated assets for the current locale.
- The <r:assets:each /> tag cycles through all the translated assets attached to the current page. You can force the tag to cycle through all attached assets by setting the
The Globalize2-Paperclipped Extension provides compatibility for Globalize2 and Radiant Tiny Paper. You only have to be careful about the extensions load order:
config.extensions = [ :paperclipped, :globalize2, :tiny_paper, :globalize2_paperclipped, :all ]