Python Crash Course - Cheat Sheets
A cheat sheet can be really helpful when you're trying a set of exercises related to a specific topic, or working on a project. Because you can only fit so much information on a single sheet of paper, most cheat sheets are a simple listing of syntax rules. This set of cheat sheets aims to remind you of syntax rules, but also remind you of important concepts as well.
You can download any individual cheat sheet, or download all the cheat sheets in one document.
- Beginner's Python Cheat Sheet
- Provides an overview of the basics of Python including variables, lists, dictionaries, functions, classes, and more.
- Beginner's Python Cheat Sheet - Lists
- Focuses on lists: how to build and modify a list, access elements from a list, and loop through the values in a list. Also covers numerical lists, list comprehensions, tuples, and more.
- Beginner's Python Cheat Sheet - Dictionaries
- Focuses on dictionaries: how to build and modify a dictionary, access the information in a dictionary, and loop through dictionaries in a variety of ways. Includes sections on nesting lists and dictionaries, using an OrderedDict and more.
- Beginner's Python Cheat Sheet - If Statements and While Loops
- Focuses on if statements and while loops: how to write conditional tests with strings and numerical data, how to write simple and complex if statements, and how to accept user input. Also covers a variety of approaches to using while loops.
- Beginner's Python Cheat Sheet - Functions
- Focuses on functions: how to define a function and how to pass information to a function. Covers positional and keyword arguments, return values, passing lists, using modules, and more.
- Beginner's Python Cheat Sheet - Classes
- Focuses on classes: how to define and use a class. Covers attributes and methods, inheritance and importing, and more.
- Beginner's Python Cheat Sheet - Files and Exceptions
- Focuses on working with files, and using exceptions to handle errors that might arise as your programs run. Covers reading and writing to files, try-except-else blocks, and storing data using the json module.
- Beginner's Python Cheat Sheet - Testing Your Code
- Focuses on unit tests and test cases. How to test a function, and how to test a class.
- Beginner's Python Cheat Sheet - Pygame
- Focuses on creating games with Pygame. Creating a game window, rect objects, images, responding to keyboard and mouse input, groups, detecting collisions between game elements, and rendering text.
- Beginner's Python Cheat Sheet - matplotlib
- Focuses on creating visualizations with matplotlib. Making line graphs and scatter plots, customizing plots, making multiple plots, and working with time-based data.
- Beginner's Python Cheat Sheet - pygal
- Focuses on creating visualizations with Pygal. Making line graphs, scatter plots, and bar graphs, styling plots, making multiple plots, and working with global datasets.
- Beginner's Python Cheat Sheet - Django
- Focuses on creating web apps with Django. Installing Django and starting a project, working with models, building a home page, using templates, using data, and making user accounts.