jQuery UI Notify Widget
Create Growl/Ubuntu-like notifications. Uses RGBA, border-radius, and box-shadow, so they're not as pretty as they could be in IE at the moment.
See http://www.erichynds.com/jquery/a-jquery-ui-growl-ubuntu-notification-widget/ for demos & documentation.
- No images, all CSS
- Lightweight. Barely 2.5kb in size
- Built on top of the jQuery UI widget factory
- Templating system: include whatever you want inside notifications (images, links, etc.)
- ThemeRoller support
- beforeopen, open, close, and click events
- Show completely different notifications in different containers
- Ability to customize options on a notification-by-notification basis
- Ability to programatically call
- Passes JSLint
- Cross-browser compatible (including IE6)