- add whitespace-mode to "vendor" directory.
- add yasnippet to "vendor" directory.
- change color-theme(blackboard) and set default font size to 13.
- add erlang-mode(todo: default comment out)
- add flymake to support erlang editing.
Emacs Starter Kit
The Starter Kit should provide a saner set of defaults than you get normally with Emacs. It was originally intended for beginners, but it should provide a reasonable working environment for anyone using Emacs for dynamic languages. It also bundles a number of useful libraries that are not distributed with Emacs for various reasons.
- Install GNU Emacs (at least version 22, 23 is preferred) Use your package manager if you have one. Otherwise Mac users may get some prebuilt binaries, and Windows users can get them from GNU.
- Move the directory containing this file to ~/.emacs.d (If you already have a directory at ~/.emacs.d move it out of the way and put this there instead.)
- Launch Emacs!
The latest version is at http://github.com/technomancy/emacs-starter-kit/
On Unix, /home/$USER/.emacs.d, on windows Documents and Settings/%your user name%/Application Data