<<<<<<< HEAD ofxKinectV2
An addon for the new Kinect For Windows V2 sensor. Based on the excellent work by the https://github.com/OpenKinect/libfreenect2 team ( @JoshBlake @floe and @christiankerl plus others )
- Now supports both the early beta device and the new retail device.
- Build in Release for much faster performance ( 15fps capture rate in Release vs 5fps in Debug )!!
- Currently only supports one Kinect V2 at a time.
- Kinect needs to have flashed firmware ( this currently needs to be done on Windows 8 )
- Requires USB 3 port on machine.
- Only tested on OS X though Win / Nix should be possible too with patched libusb ( see: https://github.com/OpenKinect/libfreenect2/blob/master/depends/README.depends.txt )
- If you have the ofxKinect ( v1 ) addon in your project remove the ofxKinect libusb lib and use the one that comes with this repo instead.
- Depth decoding is not at 30fps as it is decoded on the CPU - GPU decoding is possible, but not stable currently with OF.
Huge thanks to @christiankerl for a lot of the recent changes that made this work well on OS X.
Cinder block for Kinect v2 based on freenect2
WIP porting ofxKinect2 to Cinder