Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 50 million developers.Sign up
Two new features in this release:
- Inline images. The email parser will now preserve the placement of images in your emails, so they will appear inline on the page where they were in the email. This will not update existing posts, it will only work for new posts that are parsed after upgrading to this release. Updating older posts automatically can not be done safely, since people may have updated them manually after parsing the original email.
- Fallback to random posts. If you don't write very frequently then you might not get an old email very often in your daily emails. If there is no email from a week, a month or a year ago, now MyLife will choose a random post to include instead.
This release has two things:
- A bugfix by https://github.com/vojnovski, fixes an error when deleting posts in the web interface.
- Removed the links to the page in the daily emails. This all of a sudden started causing the emails to be silently discarded by App Engine, without reporting any kind of errors. I only found this out by trial and error, and it's definitely the links causing it. So, now you just have to remember your url!
While doing this I added a couple of convenience things to the /sendmail handler.
/sendmail?force=1will send the email for the current day, no matter if it's been sent before. Useful for testing
/sendmail?force=1&date=2016-02-01will send the daily email for a specific date.
This is a minor update, which fixes a couple of issues:
- Better handling of zip files during import, specifically zip files created on OSX. Better error messages when things go wrong.
- Remove confusing Migrate images option from Settings page for new users
- Check whether Google Cloud Storage bucket exists on Settings page, and direct users to setup instructions if it doesn't.
Update to stop writing to the Blobstore and start using Google Cloud Storage for images and imports/exports. App Engine are deprecating the files api that was used to write to the blobstore, so I had to add this. You need the default bucket in Google Cloud Storage set up to be able to use it.
If you had images in the previous version you can migrate them to Google Cloud Storage by going to the Settings page and at the bottom of the page there should be a migration option.
See more details at http://einaregilsson.com/mylife-google-cloud-storage-support/
First version of MyLife, a single user OhLife replacement that runs on Google App Engine. More details at http://einaregilsson.com/mylife-a-single-user-ohlife-alternative/