Mupeace is an Android Music Player Client (/ˈmjuːˌpiːs/, from MPC with pronounceability vowels) for MPD, the Music Player Daemon. It is a fork of MPDroid and, in turn, PMix. This fork retains Gingerbread compatibility, is active at squashing bugs, especially crashes, and adds features to aid navigation of large jazz or classical collections.
You can browse your library, control the current song and playlist, manage your outputs and stream music to your phone. Switch between different servers, say, in different rooms, easily with Zeroconf auto-discovery and share from the YouTube application to queue the audio for your stereo.
You may want to join the Mupeace Beta group to receive news and automatic updates of experimental work. For the most stable releases, see Google Play. You can check the version number there and find it in downloads if you prefer not to use the store
Mupeace works on all devices from 2.2 to 5.0 encountered so far.
Large tablets are supported with a specially adjusted layout.
- ActionBarSherlock. A wonderful library backporting most Holo elements to Android 2.x
- JMPDComm. The core MPD protocol client library, heavily modified by https://github.com/abarisain/dmix
- LastFM-java. Last.FM cover art support
- mdnsjava. A complete mDNS/DNS-SD/Zeroconf/avahi/Bonjour library for discovering MPD servers
- Improved server discovery reliability
- Improved reconnection behaviour for temporary network issues
- Reduced use of modal UI through sliding panels and the navigation drawer
- Further UI modernisation
- Protocol library overhaul for performance
- General design revision
My thanks go to them, @abarisain in particular, and to those who have helped out with bug reports and investigations.