Building on the foundation provided by the CoreConfig team on Core Configurator 2.0 (http://coreconfig.codeplex.com), Corefig is a PowerShell-based GUI tool to configure the 2012 releases of Server Core and Hyper-V Server.
The application structure remains largely intact from the CoreConfig product but introduces several enhancements and leverages several of the new cmdlets.
Changing window styles to resizable in order to accommodate screen sizing variances WORK STILL IN PROGRESS
Features carried forward:
- Server renaming and domain joining
- Role and feature management
- Service control
- Remote Desktop Host and WinRM configuration
- Windows Update settings
- Display settings configuration
- Windows firewall settings
- Driver installation
- Regional settings (keyboard, date and time)
- Add Programs
- Network card settings, including TCP/IP
- Proxy configuration
- Local group membership
- Share management
- iSCSI Configuration (connecting to remote targets)
- View, start, and stop virtual machines
- Windows Server licensing
What's Changed: At this time, most of the change are under the hood.
- Fully localization-ready (US English is the only current language)
- Wording made more clear
- Customer Improvement Experience nag screens removed
- WSF file sets PowerShell Execution Policy to "RemoteSigned" instead of "Unrestricted"
- More operation consistency
- Less writing to the console and more writing to the log
- Fewer pop-up windows notifying of success
- Some interface clean-up
- Domain-controller promotion/demotion removed