Corefig for Windows Server 2012 Core and Hyper-V Server 2012
Building on the foundation provided by the CoreConfig team on Core Configurator 2.0 (http://coreconfig.codeplex.com), Corefig is a PowerShell-based GUI tool to configure the 2012 releases of Server Core and Hyper-V Server.
The application structure remains largely intact from the CoreConfig product but introduces several enhancements and leverages several of the new cmdlets.
The files are pre-packaged as a ZIP and an ISO. Remember to unblock the files before trying to use them!
Features carried forward:
- Server renaming and domain joining
- Role and feature management
- Service control
- Remote Desktop Host and WinRM configuration
- Windows Update settings
- Display settings configuration
- Windows firewall settings
- Driver installation
- Regional settings (keyboard, date and time)
- Add Programs
- Network card settings, including TCP/IP
- Proxy configuration
- Local group membership
- Share management
- iSCSI Configuration (connecting to remote targets)
- View, start, and stop virtual machines
- Windows Server licensing
What's Changed: At this time, most of the change are under the hood.
- Fully localization-ready (US English is the only current language)
- Wording made more clear
- Customer Improvement Experience nag screens removed
- WSF file sets PowerShell Execution Policy to "RemoteSigned" instead of "Unrestricted"
- More operation consistency
- Less writing to the console and more writing to the log
- Fewer pop-up windows notifying of success
- Some interface clean-up
- Domain-controller promotion/demotion removed