Multiplatform, multiprotocol, plugin-based instant messenger with (GTK2 GUI || console UI)!
EKG2 is an OpenSource IM application for Unix systems (Linux, *BSD, SunOS, Solaris, MacOS, X, BeOS) available under the terms of GPL.
EKG2 is plugin-based, and because of this it can support many different protocols. It can also support different GUIs! Below is a list of available plugins.
- Jabber - (XMPP, gtalk and Tlen.pl support),
- GG (gadu-gadu) - (using libgadu, the most popular polish IM protocol),
- IRC - (mostly IRCnet oriented),
- GTK2 - under development,
- ncurses - primary ekg2 ui, console
- logs - multi plugin that allows logging in irssi like format, xml, simple and raw,
- logsqlite - logging into a sqlite db,
Script languages bindings: Python, Perl
Other superb plugins:
- autoresponder - a simple captcha for IM
- sim (using openssl) & gpg - these plugins allow encryption within supported protocols,
- jogger - allows manipulation of JoggerBot via ekg2,
- mail - checking local maildir/mailbox for new messages,
- nntp - read usenet news
- rss - read RSS/Atom feeds
- sms - sms sending,
There are also a few other plugins in development.