Routekeeper : Plan and save your walking routes through your city!
I wanted to learn more about :
node.js is really cool - it is a great way to apply functional programming ideas to writing long-running server-based software (i.e. daemons). It's:
- scalable: no while(1) loop, no thread pool or set limit on number of threads
- flexible: Easy to extend with callbacks.
- PostgreSQL integration with node.js
- Geometry stuff like intersections, drawing (walking) paths between points
- Dom listeners : how one node's update can trigger another AJAX actions.
- Saving and sharing routes
- Showing intersections between routes
- Wikipedia integration (finding points of interest in Wikipdia using Lat/Long coords)