Base64 Additions for Objective-C on Mac OS X and iOS
Add the following line to your Podfile:
source 'https://github.com/CocoaPods/Specs.git' platform :ios, '8.0' use_frameworks! target '<Your Target Name>' do pod 'Base64' end
Usage: Raw Files
Open the Xcode project file, and drag MF_Base64Additions.m/.h into your project.
In files where you want to use Base64 encoding/decoding, simply include the header file and use one of the provided NSData or NSString additions.
Example use: #import "MF_Base64Additions.h"
NSString *helloWorld = @"Hello World"; NSString *helloInBase64 = [helloWorld base64String]; NSString *helloDecoded = [NSString stringFromBase64String:helloInBase64];
- Encoding: Approximately 4 to 5 times faster than using the equivalent SecTransform.
- Encoding: 30% faster than https://github.com/l4u/NSData-Base64
- Decoding: 5% faster than using the equivalent SecTransform.
- Decoding: 5% faster than https://github.com/l4u/NSData-Base64
- Compile with Automatic Reference Counting
- Compatible with Mac OSX 10.6+ and iOS 4.0+
- Implemented as per RFC 4648, see http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4648.txt for more details.
- Public Domain