Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Lots of upstream changes, including 1.14.0 and 1.14.12 (relevant release note cc'd below).
If you were using 1.13.11b, you can update to this release from the extension menu (Safari > Preferences > Extensions > Updates), like so:
Note that this will not auto update—see Safari Extension Gallery issue in #69—but it can be more convenient than downloading and installing manually.
The filter list category Social has been renamed to broader Annoyances.
Changes in selection of stock filter lists:
- "Adguard Base Filters"
Thanks to Adguard's @ameshkov for going out of his way to make the list specifically for uBO. Both Adguard and uBO share some extended filter syntax, and as such uBO users do benefit from Adguard's filter lists.
- "Adguard Spyware Filters" (in "Privacy" section)
- "Adguard Annoyances" (in "Annoyances" section)
- "Adguard Spanish/Portuguese" (see #3089)
- "VIE: ABPVN" (see #2600)
Instruction URLs added for "RUS: RU AdList" and "CHN: CJX's EasyList Lite"
So that users can find more about these lists and the recommendations on how to best use them made by their respective maintainers.
"RUS: Adguard Russian" and "CHN: CJX's EasyList Lite" will now be selected by default for new installations.
- "EasyList without element hiding rules" (not very useful)
- "Reek's AAK" (no longer maintained)
- "uBlock Protector List" (it required Chrom[ium|e], uBO must be browser vendor agnostic)
- "Fanboy Ultimate" (see #3061)
- "CHN: CJX's Annoyance" (optional list)
- "EU: Prebake" (no longer maintained)
- "KOR: Fanboy Korean" (marked as "officially unsupported")
- "RUS: BitBlock" (see #3019 (comment))
- "VIE: Fanboy Vietnamese" (marked as "officially unsupported)
For whoever has one of the removed list selected, it will be moved to the "Custom" section (i.e. converted into an imported filter list).