Sorry for the delay, will be submitting to the extension gallery! (#69)
Updated: If you had installation issues (#86), please try again!
Lots of upstream changes, including 1.14.0 and 1.14.12 (relevant release note cc'd below).
If you were using 1.13.11b, you can update to this release from the extension menu (Safari > Preferences > Extensions > Updates), like so:
Note that this will not auto update—see Safari Extension Gallery issue in #69—but it can be more convenient than downloading and installing manually.
The filter list category Social has been renamed to broader Annoyances.
Changes in selection of stock filter lists:
- "Adguard Base Filters"
Thanks to Adguard's @ameshkov for going out of his way to make the list specifically for uBO. Both Adguard and uBO share some extended filter syntax, and as such uBO users do benefit from Adguard's filter lists.
- "Adguard Spyware Filters" (in "Privacy" section)
- "Adguard Annoyances" (in "Annoyances" section)
- "Adguard Spanish/Portuguese" (see gorhill#3089)
- "VIE: ABPVN" (see gorhill#2600)
Instruction URLs added for "RUS: RU AdList" and "CHN: CJX's EasyList Lite"
So that users can find more about these lists and the recommendations on how to best use them made by their respective maintainers.
"RUS: Adguard Russian" and "CHN: CJX's EasyList Lite" will now be selected by default for new installations.
- "EasyList without element hiding rules" (not very useful)
- "Reek's AAK" (no longer maintained)
- "uBlock Protector List" (it required Chrom[ium|e], uBO must be browser vendor agnostic)
- "Fanboy Ultimate" (see gorhill#3061)
- "CHN: CJX's Annoyance" (optional list)
- "EU: Prebake" (no longer maintained)
- "KOR: Fanboy Korean" (marked as "officially unsupported")
- "RUS: BitBlock" (see gorhill#3019 (comment))
- "VIE: Fanboy Vietnamese" (marked as "officially unsupported)
For whoever has one of the removed list selected, it will be moved to the "Custom" section (i.e. converted into an imported filter list).
Upstream changes, and:
Upstream changes (
badfilter, translations, fixes) and:
Also some UI fixes ("uBlock Origin" title in popup, "Storage used: ? bytes" instead of "0").