Bag O' Links - 30/8/2009
Since Snow Leopard is out and dancing, i thought it would be nice to collect a bunch of links that might scare off the upgrading pains i heard about to the Rails environment.
- Fixing RubyGems, MySQL and Passenger on Snow Leopard
- Epic Snow Leopard Upgrade
- Snow Leopard Ruby/Rails Developer Setup
- Snow Leopard Tweaks you didn’t know
- Snow Leopard: Upgrading for Rails developers
Hopefully this will cover most of the issues i’ll run into tomorrow :)
now, for the serious part of this evening:
- on Rake – Rake, RakeFile and fun overview.
- Best jQuery charting plugins – Yai.
- Baseline – another CSS framework.
- SearchLogic OR searches – Yai, finally.
- Rails invoicing framework – a framework created to simplify the need of invoicing on Rails applications, didn’t take a look at the documentation, hopefully it’s awesome.
- iPhone, JSON, flickr tutorial – my love/hate relationship with Objective-c continues.
- Git workflow for Developers – @kensodev, read it.
- Rewriting the Rails ‘Returning’ method – fun.
- acts_as_eventable – README sucks, but i am on a quest to find a good activity stream plugin/implementation idea.
- awesome_email – simplify HTML emails on Rails.
- app_lego – a collection of Rails templates.
- Scanty – blog platform in rails.
- cmd_tweet – tweet from your comman line with this Gem.
- Generic Generator – Generate loads of test data.