Bag O' Links - 11/9/2009
- FakeFS – Fake filesystem for ruby – could be test useful (S3 stubbing?).
- HTML form checklist – Things you need to pay attention to, when you are writing a form.
- Testing IE6, IE7 and IE8 with VirtualBox – The devil’s support on macos, which appears to be more appealing than Parallels.
- Automateit – Ruby server management, looks awesome. ( Mike ftw again).
- Gold – Git workflow + review – nice, worth the read.
- jQuery Hover navigation menu – here, looks good, code is clean too.
- Gem unpack for Gems that won’t unpack – force those bastards! :)
- jQuery floating/sliding headers – nice effect, just like on the iPhone.
- 100+ website optimization tips – yes, SEO SEO SEO.
- Searchable/Sortable multiselect dropdown with jQuery – THE best implementation i had ever seen, if it gets an easy way to skin it, it’s perfect.
- jQuery information box – nice, scrolling almost flashy, only because i need that.
- Image filling-up effect with jQuery – could make a funky progress bar imo.
- Testing binary downloads with webrat – a suggestion for a possible way to test downloads.
- True, False and Nil in Ruby – an overview on this issue, which seem to confuse many new-comers.
- JSON Namespacing – a JSON referencing overview and example, nice.
- auth_helpers – AuthHelpers is a collection of modules and controllers to extend your Authlogic models. Currently it supports Confirmable and Recoverable behavior.
- Rspector – RSpec autotester for MacOS.
- Bullet – A rails plugin/gem to kill N+1 queries and unused eager loading.
- plog – a rails blog parser
- deadweight – declared “RCov for CSS” deadweight scans HTML pages and declares CSS ids and classes that can be safely removed.