Applicationize converts your favorite web apps into desktop apps with their own dedicated launcher icon.
It generates a Google Chrome extension that embeds your favorite SPA web app and places a custom shortcut icon in your app launcher when you install it.
Here's a screenshot of Facebook Messenger (https://www.messenger.com/) running as an applicationized desktop app:
How to Use
- Go to https://applicationize.me/now
- Enter a URL to any web app, such as https://web.whatsapp.com/
Enterand download the generated Chrome extension
- Open a new tab and navigate to
- Drag the downloaded
.crxfile from its download folder to the extensions page to install it
That's it! Your applicationized web app is now available via your app launcher. We recommend pinning it to your application dock or system taskbar!
CTRL/CMD + [to go back
CTRL/CMD + ]to go forward
CTRL/CMD + +to zoom in
CTRL/CMD + -to zoom out
CTRL/CMD + 0to reset zoom
CTRL/CMD + Fto find in page
CTRL/CMD + Rto refresh the page
CTRL/CMD + Lto copy current page URL
CTRL + CMD + Fto enter full screen mode (
ALT + CTRL + Fon Windows)
- If you find a bug or wish to make some kind of change, please create an issue first
- Make sure your code conventions are in-line with the project's code style
- Make your commits and PRs as tiny as possible - one feature or bugfix at a time
- Write detailed commit messages, in-line with the project's commit naming conventions
Running the Server
Run the following commands in the root directory of this project:
npm install npm start
Then, visit http://localhost:3000/ to browse to your local instance of Applicationize.