RedAlert was developed by volunteers to provide real-time rocket alerts for Israeli citizens.
The app utilizes real-time alert data provided by the Home Front Command (Pikud Haoref), which makes it extremely fast, reliable, and stable.
Note: Rocket alerts are detected using the open-source pikud-haoref-api Node.js package.
- 4.7/5.0 star rating
- 450,000+ downloads
- Published by Geektime as the fastest rocket alert app
- Featured by the Israeli government on their Google+ page
- Ranked 1st place on Google Play's Top Free in Israel for 4 weeks during Operation Protective Edge
- Won 2nd place in the Ford SYNC AppLink TLV hackathon for integrating the app with Ford cars
The fastest, most reliable rocket alert application.
Over 450,000 downloads and a 4.7 star rating to prove it. The only rocket alert application with dedicated push notification servers that dramatically improve alert speed and reliability.
- Search - select preferred alert cities / regions by searching for them
- Speed - rocket alerts are received before / during the official siren
- Stability - custom alert notification servers that greatly improve alert speed and reliability
- GPS - receive rocket alerts in your area automatically in addition to city / region selection
- Countdown - rocket alerts will display the estimated time until impact
- Connectivity - check, at any time, whether your device is able to receive rocket alerts via the "self-test" option
- Smart - the application will override silent / vibrate mode to sound rocket alerts
- Broadcast - let your friends and family know you are safe by sending an "I'm safe" message via the app
- Sounds - choose from 15 unique sounds for rocket alerts
- Vibration - your phone will vibrate in addition to playing the selected alert sound
- History - display the list of daily rocket alerts, their location, and time of day (in your local time)
- Translation - the app has been translated to multiple languages (Hebrew, English, Russian, Italian, Spanish, French, and German)
- Scalability - the app is deployed to a cloud service which scales automatically to provide alerts to all users
- Android SDK
- Android Studio with Gradle Plugin
- A physical device to test on (recommended) running Android 2.3+ with Google APIs (optional)
- If you find a bug or wish to make some kind of change, please create an issue first
- Make your commits as tiny as possible - one feature or bugfix at a time
- Write detailed commit messages, in-line with the project's commit naming conventions
- Make sure your code conventions are in-line with the project
The application was developed to protect Israeli citizens. It costs money to run the servers, your donation is greatly appreciated.
- Thanks to Ilana Badner for the Russian translation
- Thanks to Rodolphe Moulin for the French translation
- Thanks to Matteo Villosio for the Italian translation
- Thanks to Nathan Allenberg for the Spanish translation
- Thanks to David Halbani for the German translation
- Thanks to Eden Glant for the "Siren 1" and "Siren 2" sounds