This is both the source documentation and build system for the Node Manual. It consists of:
- A build system to generate this content (located at build.js)
The build system relies on two repos as submodules (both located under (build/):
- The doc-build system converts Markdown to HTML, and is used for the Node Manual documentation
Remember! After you clone this repo, call
git submodule init git submodule update npm install
Running a Build
To run the build, open your command prompt and type:
This first launches doc-build, which reads nodejs_dev_guide/ and begins to assemble the subdirectory markdown files. These markdown files are modified, and placed into a
tmp directory. From there, they are converted into HTML files, and placed into out/.
By default, this system builds every version of documentation listed under src/nodejs_ref_guide. You could also pass in one more argument to specify the Node.js source version. This can be one of the following values:
- The word "latest," which automatically builds the latest version.
A string like
x.y.z, where x, y, and z are all numerals, to build a specific version. For example, to build the 0.6.7 branch, type:
node build.js 0.6.7
We'll very gladly take any pull requests for new documentation! This source material is intended to be open and sharable to all.
To protect the interests of our contributors and users we require contributors to sign a Contributors License Agreement (CLA) before we pull the changes into the main repository. Our CLA is the simplest of agreements, requiring that the contributions you make to are only those you're allowed to make. This helps us significantly reduce future legal risk for everyone involved. It is easy, helps everyone, takes ten minutes, and only needs to be completed once. There are two versions of the agreement:
- The Individual CLA: use this version if you're working on documentation in your spare time, or can clearly claim ownership of copyright in what you'll be submitting.
- The Corporate CLA: have your corporate lawyer review and submit this if your company is going to be contributing to the documentation
Please print the CLA and fill it out and sign it. Then, either send it by snail mail, fax us, or send it back scanned (or as a photo) by e-mail.
Fax: +31 (0) 206388953
Address: Ajax.org B.V. Keizersgracht 241 1016 EA, Amsterdam the Netherlands
Content providers include:
Node Manual is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.