#Hello Scala in Resin.io
This project installs Oracle JDK 8 (JRE8 included) and SBT which allows you to execute Scala applications on Resin.io.
This is a very simple project that is an example of how to run Scala code on a Raspberry Pi.
You can build and deploy your code on the Raspberry Pi. Other JDK versions are also supported. When you install the JDK from these, it assumes acceptance of the Oracle license
- You can use command CMD ["sbt", "compile"] to build the Scala source separately but with the current raspbian image this command is not supported.
The recipe for this project is as follows:
- A Raspberry Pi and USB -> micro USB cable for power.
- Scala source file
Resin.io Setup & Deployment
- If you haven't got a Resin.io account, visit dashboard.resin.io and sign up.
- Start a new applicaton on Resin.io download the .zip file, format the SD card in FAT32 and extract it to your SD card.
- Insert the SD card into the Raspberry Pi, power it up using the micro-usb cable and connect to the Internet.
- After about 10 minutes your new device should show up on your application dashboard.
- You can now clone the Hello-Scala repo:
$ git clone https://github.com/elecnix/Hello-Scala.git
Then add the resin remote:
$ git remote add resin firstname.lastname@example.org:<myUserName>/<myApplicationName>.git
And finally push the code to your Raspberry Pi:
$ git push resin master
Now you can enjoy Scala code on Resin.io.