Appfigurate provides the ability to change configuration properties in iOS and watchOS, apps and app extensions, securely, at runtime.
- Do your Xcode projects suffer from slow compilation and deployment times? Speed up development and testing by removing the edit/compile/deploy cycle, when you just need to change your apps configuration properties.
- Multiple test environments? Reduce your Xcode projects complexity by removing custom build schemes. Build, deploy and test just one app across multiple test regions.
Appfigurate SDK consists of:
- Appfigurate app, both an iOS Simulator and App Store build - to allow you to configure your apps configuration properties at runtime.
- Source editor extension for Xcode (available on the Mac App Store) to automate the encryption of strings.
- Appfigurate library static XCFramework to link into your iOS and watchOS app and app extensions.
- Guides & API docs.
- Comprehensive set of example apps demonstrating the integration of Appfigurate library.
iPad split view
|Feature||Appfigurate Simulator||Appfigurate App Store|
|Compatible with Xcode 12.4+, Xcode 13|
|Support for Apple Silicon Macs|
|Configure iOS 10.0+ apps|
|Configure iOS 10.0+ app extensions|
|Configure watchOS 3.0+ app extensions|
|Configure watchOS 3.2+ app intent extensions|
|Configure iOS UI automation tests|
|Supports iOS 13 dark mode & iPad split view|
|Execute custom action methods locally|
|Apply configuration locally|
|Apply configuration remotely (via SMS/Email)|
|Your apps metadata shared across all Simulators|
|Your apps metadata securely stored on each Device|
|Unlock Appfigurate with PIN/TouchID/FaceID|
Download the SDK
Clone the Appfigurate repository using the terminal command:
git clone https://github.com/electricbolt/appfiguratesdk.git
To install the Appfigurate Simulator app into your iOS Simulator, open
AppfigurateWorkspace.xcworkspace in Xcode 12.4 or above, ensure
Appfigurate is selected in the Scheme popup, choose your Simulator device e.g.
iPhone SE (2nd generation) and run.
The Appfigurate Simulator app cannot be installed onto a real device, you must install the App Store build instead.
Integrate Appfigurate Library
Learn how to integrate Appfigurate Library into your app using Swift Package Manager, CocoaPods, Carthage or manually using Objective-C or Swift.
API docs for both Objective-C & Swift.
Examples apps included in SDK.
Subclassing APLConfiguration to implement your configuration properties.
Best practice, security and export compliance.
Advanced configuration - Info.plist options and app startup requirements.
Listening for configuration changes and additional library functions.
Displaying overridden configuration in your iOS app.
Using Appfigurate to simplify your XCUITest automation testing.