Custom executable actions
Supported property types
String Encryption util
UISlider icon types
Display overridden config
Clone this wiki locally
This example demonstrates configuring an iOS app extension. This specific example is an Action extension, but any iOS app extension type can be configured.
For Appfigurate to be able to configure app extensions the following must be observed:
APLConfigurationsubclass must be shared between the iOS app and app extension.
- Since the configuration is stored in the keychain, the keychain must be shared between the iOS app and app extension.
For more information on keychain sharing and associated
Info.plist attributes, see Advanced Configuration.
- Assumes you've followed the prerequisites to install example app metadata.
ActionExample Extension (ObjC iOS)or
ActionExample Extension (Swift iOS)in Xcode scheme drop down. Tap run.
- Xcode will prompt you with the following:
Photos, then tap the
- The Photos app will be launched on the Simulator (or connected device).
- Select a photo.
- Tap the
- The share sheet will appear. Scroll down to reveal the
- The ActionExample app extension will now be launched. The example doesn't do anything with a photo, but it does display a storyboard of the current configuration that is shared with the containing iOS app AppfigurateExample.
- Launch Appfigurate. Tap
- The screen will briefly flash and control will be given back to Appfigurate. The current configuration will be displayed.
- Change the boolean switch to the opposite value.
- Tap the
Apply ⌄button in navigation bar. The AppfigurateExample app will now be launched, and the configuration applied.
- Launch the Photos app again. The ActionExample Extension should still be displayed, if not follow the instructions above to redisplay.
- The ActionExample app extension storyboard of the current configuration will be displayed. The value of the boolean should be updated to reflect the value you applied.
Copyright © 2013-2022 Electric Bolt Limited. Appfigurate is a trademark of Electric Bolt, registered in New Zealand