Grows the Electron community
|Erick Zhao @erickzhao||Chair||PT (Vancouver)|
|Keeley Hammond @VerteDinde||Member||PT (Portland)|
|Sofia Nguy @sofianguy||Member||PT (San Francisco)|
|Charles Kerr @ckerr||Member||CT (New Orleans)|
|David Cruz @cruzerld||Member||ET (New York City)|
|John-David Dalton @jdalton||Member||PT (Seattle)|
|Samuel Attard @MarshallOfSound||Member||PT (Vancouver)|
|Tierney Cyren @bnb||Member||ET (New York City)|
Current Objective and Key Results
Electron has a healthy community that supports app developers and the larger dev community.
- Electron Discord with 500 users and a documented moderation system
- Post 1 technical blog post every other month (from maintainers or guest authors)
- Amplify the work of the other working groups and get community feedback
Becoming a member
Anyone interested in supporting the Electron community is invited to consider joining this working group. Possible inductees need to be approved by a 2/3 majority vote of existing working group members.
Being an active member of this working group requires that you actively participate in Electron's outreach efforts. Unlike other working groups, our mandate is broad and the ways in which you could support the Electron community are manyfold. With that in mind, membership requirements are equally roomy:
- We expect members to regularly attend working group meetings
- We expect members to actively devote time or other resources to outreach work on an ongoing basis
Examples for work include writing or improving onboarding documentation, meeting and communicating with companies building apps on top of Electron, organizing conferences or meetups, or answering developer questions on social media. Helping developers building apps with Electron and community members interested in contributing to Electron can take on countless forms.
Areas of Responsibility
- Onboarding for new members
- Reaching out to companies
- Developer Evangelism / Developer Relations / Developer Advocate
- Reaching out to Electron communities
- Electron meetup events
- Sync Meeting 60 min meeting every other Monday @ 18:00 UTC
Meeting notes may be viewed in meeting-notes.