Elephant Scale Sandbox
What is it?
This is a virtual machine sandbox image to practice and learn Big Data and Data Science applications.
Running Big Data applications (Spark / Cassandra / Hadoop) can be a little convoluted because of all the dependencies. This can be even more of a hassle in Windows. We hope this VM Sandbox will make things easier.
Provided By Elephant Scale
Looking for training?
Where to get it?
Currently OVA based virtual machine image is available. Docker images coming 'soon'.
Note : These are LARGE downloads (10G+ in size). Download when you have good bandwidth.
How to run it?
- You need a virtual machine 'player'. Any of these would work:
- Download the latest sandbox image
- Double click on the 'OVA' file open it.
Login : student
password : bigdata123
See intro lab for a screencast.
- Use VM GUI : when you open this OVA file in a VM environment you will be logged into the Ubuntu desktop
- SSH via port 22
- from host machine
$ ssh -l student -p 2222 localhost
What can I run?
This VM is tested with following Big Data stack.
- Spark v2.x and v1.6
- BigDL 0.3+
- Cassandra v3.x
- Kafka v0.10
- Storm v1.x
- Zookeeper v3.4.8
If you are enrolled in our classes, you will get a lab bundle. Also you can run any open source labs as well.
Checkout our Sandbox channel for more videos.
- Based on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
- Most software is in /usr/local/apps (also ~/apps)
- Java / Scala
- Editors :
- Big Data applications supported:
See version history in changelog
We welcome your feedback about the sandbox.