MEDEVIT <email@example.com> Last update: 21.01.2016
This project is used to automatically set-up an Elexis 3 development environment using the Eclipse Oomph Installer. It integrates both core, base and Medelexis resources. This project is not used outside of the Oomph installer tool.
This documentation was verified with Oomph v1.3.0 Build 2066. The setup file referenced in this document is located in the root of this git repository (that is
Eclipse Oomph is a toolkit to realize automated installations of project specific Eclipse installations. It is hence used to set-up Eclipse for a specific project. In order to employ Oomph to setup an Elexis development environment we proceed as follows:
- Download Oomph specific to your system from https://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_Installer
- Start Oomph (eclipse installer) and switch to the Advanced wizard
- In the advanced wizard select Eclipse for RCP and RAP developers as
Productand select Next>
- Now you see the list of
Projects, here you have to add the setup file for Elexis. Save the link https://raw.githubusercontent.com/elexis/elexis-3-core/master/Elexis.setup . e.g as /tmp/Elexis.setup. Add it as follows
With OOMP 1.3.0 the https-URL did not work and you must add the Elexis.setup via the File system.
- Now you add the required Elexis parts to your installation setup. There exist four different parts
Elexis( elexis-3-core and elexis-3-base ) – contains the base open source elexis, a github account is required
Medelexis– the Medelexis plugins part, only accessible to users who have access to the Medelexis repo
Medelexis Application– the core Medelexis application, only accessible to core Medelexis developers
Austria( elexis-3-austria ) – setup for plugins specific to Austrian requirements , requires github account
- for a default open source development environment in the master stream select the projects as follows
and press Next>.
- the first time you use the installer you have to provide some additional information. Select “Show all variables” and please be careful to select the correct github username and/or access type, otherwise the installationw will fail.
- You have to select the installation folder name, use
elexisor whatever fits you. Here you will finally find your pre-configured development environment for Elexis open source.
- Pressing Next> again you can verify the tasks being executed and start the installation with Finish. This will take a while.
- After the basic product installation was done, the newly installed Eclipse IDE is started and the setup tasks are executed (source checkout, IDE configuration etc.).
- If you some of your variables were wrong (e.g. wrong path for a Java JDK). The setup will not complete and you must correct the choices, via “Help..Performe Setup Tasks”. There press Back> to be able to review the variables.
- Open ch.elexis.target/juno-target.target, wait for “Resolving Target Definition” to finish, then pressing Set as Target Platform
- Rebuild everything via the menu Project..Clean
- Open the menu “Run..Debug Configuration” and select in the left selection pane the “Eclipse application/ElexisCore_RunFromScratch” item.
- Press Debug to launch a very minimal Elexis.
We have seen cases where parts of the setup could not be installed. I might help if you
- Fork the elexis-3-core and elexis-3-base projects in github before running the OOMP installer, or you will experience problems with the checkout
- remove the BundlePool. Its name is shown near the bottom of the first screen after switching to the Advanced mode.
- restart the installation.
If the problem persists, open a bug report or send a mail to elexis developer mailing list