We would welcome any contribution to make this project better.
You could contribute by raising or commenting on an issue.
Or just submit a pull request.
There are many aspects you could contribute:
- Looking for different sections.
- The programs works reasonably well, but it still is unable to find the sections in some papers due to the inconsistency in XML labelling across journals.
- Detection of citations not accompanied by a formal citation in that same sentence such as “as reported in Author et al, …”
- Extend this investigation to study how the sections in which a paper is cited changes over time.
- Analyses of retraction notes to produce two sets of papers: those criticizing an article (on which the retraction is based on) and those citing in a neutral way (including those published before the more critical ones)
- Your ideas here.