Basic Income Calculator
A public calculator that will actually attempt to put numbers to the Basic Income proposal. Over time it will grow in complexity.
WARNING! Changing variables in real life is very distortionary and real numbers are hard/impossible to predict. This calculator is just a good starting point to think about things.
Download these files to your desktop. There is a
Download Zip button in the sidebar. Extract the contents and open index.html in your favorite browser.
Can I contribute comments and suggestions to improve this calculator?
Please. I'm not an accountant/economist, and I'm still learning jQuery. I need more variables and a better understanding of the US budget.
Will you accept pull requests?
If they are awesome, sure.
- UX/UI redesign
- More info About UBI
- Integration of high charts
- World domination
1.4 (January 3, 2013)
- Abstracted data to json file
- Added mutiple years to budget
1.3.2 (January 1, 2013)
- Code refactoring
- Removed google charts upon discovery of high charts.
1.3 (December 24, 2013)
- Code refactoring.
- Final calculations area is more clear for users.
1.2 (December 18, 2013)
- Added revenue section.
- Sliders determine how much to fund certain programs.
- New image to display major changes to calculator.
- A lot of refactoring and code cleaning.
1.1 (December 9, 2013)
- Added formatCurrency plugin for more friendly input.
- Commented out code to make it much easier for others to work on.
1.0 (December 7, 2013)
- Initial Commit, calculator completely functional, but ugly.
Web site: www.elimcmakin.com
Corporate Profits: http://www.bea.gov/iTable/iTableHtml.cfm?reqid=9&step=3&isuri=1&903=243
Government Budget: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BUDGET-2012-BUD/pdf/BUDGET-2012-BUD-29.pdf
US Debt (Treasury): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_debt_of_the_United_States