Open Hebrew Bible Project
This project is a counterpart to our Open Greek New Testament Project.
Fruits of both Open Greek New Testament Project and Open Hebrew Hebrew Project will be integrated together in a forthcoming site Marvel.bible.
The project aims to:
- align Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia (Amstelodamensis) [BHS A] with Westminster Leningrad Codex [WLC]
- build bridges between 3 major open-licensed projects on Hebrew Bible:
- ETCBC (Hebrew text BHSA, linguitic annotations, morphology, etc.)
- OpenScriptures (Hebrew text WLC, Strong's numbers, morphology, etc.)
- Berean.bible (interlinear translation, Berean Study Bible, etc.)
- work out division of paragraphs and poetic lines in the text of BHS.
- Resulting data will be presented in an upcoming site https://Marvel.bible
Remarks: Resources from my other GitHub repositories are drawn into this project for mapping purpose.
Major repositories used by this porject include:
Major works in this repository:
- mapping data between ETCBC's Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia (Amstelodamensis), OpenScriptures' Strong's numbers and Berean Study Bible
- a version of extended Strong's number dataset keyed to the text of BHS
- data on aligning the text of BHS with bible translations: Berean Study Bible, King James Version, Chinese Union Version
- clause segmentation of Berean Study Bible
- KJV versification of the text of BHS
- SBL-style-transliteration of the text of BHS
- paragraph division of the text of BHS
- poetic line segmentation of the text of BHS
- design, coding and formatted materials of online reader, Marvel.bible
All works listed above are released under the following license:
Open Hebrew Bible Project by Eliran Wong is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://github.com/eliranwong/OpenHebrewBible.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at https://marvel.bible/contact/contactform.php.
Online reading is available at: https://Marvel.Bible
Please note that the use of the text of BHS here is under the same license of its original source at https://github.com/ETCBC/bhsa#license, which is strictly non-commercial.
ETCBC's Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia (Amstelodamensis) with Linguistic Annotations
Source of ETCBC data: github.com/ETCBC/text-fabric-data/tree/master/hebrew/etcbc4c
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. That means:
The Hebrew text: Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia, edited by Karl Elliger and Wilhelm Rudolph, Fifth Revised Edition, edited by Adrian Schenker, © 1977 and 1997 Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft, Stuttgart.
(more information at: shebanq.ancient-data.org/sources)
Open Scriptures Hebrew Bible
Part of Strong's numbers adapted in Open Hebrew Bible Project has its original in the following repository: https://github.com/openscriptures/morphhb
King James Version [KJV]
This is the 1769 King James Version of the Holy Bible (also known as the Authorized Version).
Published in 1769; public domain.
Lexham English Bible [LEB]
License of LEB: http://lexhamenglishbible.com/license/
"You can give away the Lexham English Bible, but you can't sell it on its own. ..."
Chinese Union Version [CUV]
Chinese Union Version is in public domain.
Source (GNU Free Documentation License Version 1.1): https://bible.fhl.net/public/
NET Bible Copyright 2nd Edition (2017)
The NET Bible® verse text (no Notes) can be used by anyone and integrated into your non-commercial project or publication upon condition of proper Biblical Studies Press copyright and organizational acknowledgments ... (http://netbible.com/net-bible-copyright)
Copyright and organizational acknowledgments:
NET BIble® Copyright THE NET BIBLE®, New English Translation (NET) Scripture quoted by permission. Quotations designated (NET) are from the NET Bible® copyright ©1996-2016 by Biblical Studies Press, L.L.C. http://netbible.com All rights reserved. The names: THE NET BIBLE®, NEW ENGLISH TRANSLATION COPYRIGHT (c) 1996 BY BIBLICAL STUDIES PRESS, L.L.C. NET Bible® IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK THE NET BIBLE® LOGO, SERVICE MARK COPYRIGHT (c) 1997 BY BIBLICAL STUDIES PRESS, L.L.C. ALL RIGHTS RESERVEDSATELLITE IMAGERY COPYRIGHT (c) RØHR PRODUCTIONS LTD. AND CENTRE NATIONAL D'ÉTUDES SPATIALES PHOTOGRAPHS COPYRIGHT (c) RØHR PRODUCTIONS LTD.