Bind encourages relationship building and new member retention for organizations/meetup groups. An administrator can develop a "checklist" of items to perform for all new members to the organization.
It allows the user to:
- create/edit/delete members
- create/edit/delete checklist items
- mark off which checklist items have been completed for members
- add/remove benchmarks for member milestones
- Ruby on Rails
- Bourbon Neat
Clone the backend Rails API repo.
Make sure you have PostgreSQL running. Then, in the terminal from the
bind_api directory, run these commands (note: if you do not want to seed the database with demo information, skip running
$ rake db:seed):
$ bundle install $ rake db:create $ rake db:migrate $ rake db:seed $ rails s
localhost:3000/members to see the JSON member endpoint.
Clone this repo. You may need to replace all instances of
localhost:3000 to use your locally running backend. Then, in the terminal from the
localhost:8080 to view the application running locally.
- Add user authentication
- Allow multiple organizations/groups to be created
- Add member interests
- Search functionality for members (by name)
- Sort functionality for member by percentage of checklist completed or interests
- Add input validation
- Incorporate a 3rd party API (Meetup)