Development of BioJS components and their integration into Galaxy.
Representative: Yo Yehudi
ELIXIR Interoperability Platform as visualization and parser tools as those compiled in BioJS aim to make it easier for different data source to interoperate. ELIXIR Galaxy community to integrate BioJS components into Galaxy and re-use Galaxy converters for greater interoperability.
- Yo Yehudi
- Dennis Schwartz
- Leyla Garcia
- Dannon Baker
- Bjoern Grüning
BioJS started in 2012 and has grown via Google Summer of Code (GSoC) where BioJS has participated standalone in 2014 and 2016. 2015 BioJS and the Galaxy project joined forces and created a tool to automatically convert BioJS components into Galaxy’s visualisation system. We would like to work on further Galaxy integration and either update the conversion tool or sketch out how BioJS components could natively fit into Galaxy Vis system.
- Improved BioJS front-end
- Improved BioJS core
- New webcomponents. Any component is welcome, for instance Bioschemas-related Galaxy converter
- Planning native Galaxy-BioJS integration
- Improving documentation around BioJS
- Developers familiar with Galaxy or eager to learn Galaxy Vis system Expected hacking days: 3 days
Related works and references
- BioJS F1000 article collection
- Anatomy of BioJS, an open source community for the life sciences
- Galaxy (https://academic.oup.com/nar/advance-article/doi/10.1093/nar/gky379/5001157)
GitHub or any other public repositories of your FOSS products (if any)