help.wtf: what is this I don't even
help.wtf is a cheatsheet service.
It operates on the basis of JSON files with markdown and syntax highlighting support.
help.wtf is pretty minimalist:
- koa, which doesn't really do anything
- no database, it's all loaded into memory
- no auth (yet, we might add favstars or something)
- no client side JS libraries, except for the composer (which uses bootstrap + json-editor)
Want to contribute your own cheatsheets? Visit http://help.wtf/_compose to use the composer, or just submit a pull request.
To install locally:
- You need Node.js 4+ since we're using fancy ES6 features
npm installto fetch required dependencies
node index.js [port]to launch the service (default port is 8000)
- Use gulp to launch under nodemon if so desired.
Ensure the queue/ directory is writable by the node process if you'd like to accept submissions through the /_compose command.