Ngrok integration with CommandBox
Ngrok is a service that will proxy a locally-running server to the Internet where any coworker, friend, or client with a browser can view the local site site you have running. Use this to demo a new site or ask a friend to look at an error for you. This is also great for testing integration with 3rd party systems (like Stripe webhooks) while still developing on localhost!
Use the commands that come with this module to start and stop Ngrok shares.
Start a share
server share start # or share
- Start the CommandBox server if it is not already running.
- Start Ngrok using the embedded binaries for your platform.
- Stop any currently open Ngrok tunnels (since the free version only allows one at a time).
- Create the new Ngrok tunnel.
- Display the share url.
- Open the share url in the browser.
Stop a share
server share stop
If you stop a server that is being shared, the Ngrok tunnel will be closed for you.
Thanks goes to these wonderful people (emoji key):
This project follows the all-contributors specification. Contributions of any kind welcome!