Fastest and smallest 3d engine for Flash 10+. And now Stage3D!
Introducing a new Stage3DRenderer (WIP) for Flash 11, while still keeping full FP10 compatibility.
The goal is to have a rudimentary (but simple and fast) Stage3D renderer for simple 3D scenes.
- some serious memory leaks fixes and added explicit .dispose methods,
- using Stage3D constrained mode (if available),
- automatic fallback to DefaultRenderer,
- automatic quads to triangles conversion, double-sided materials,
- BitmapMaterial / BitmapMaterialEx (mipmap, transparency control),
- ColorMaterial (color, alpha),
- cascading Object3D.alpha blending,
- additive blendmode (Object3D's blendMode),
- Object3Ds have new properties: offscreen, screenPosition.
Stage3DRenderer gotchas: (lotsa)
- approximative camera in Stage3D (not exactly matching Flash 10's),
- no mouse events, no lightning,
- for transparent PNGs to blend correctly, the Object3Ds order (in their container) is meaningful (transparent should be latest), not their z position,
- to refresh a texture after a BitmapData change, call 'renderer.invalidateTexture(bmp)' (tested with MP4s and transparent FLVs).
- mouse events,
- adapt MovieMaterial,
- custom shaders,
- fix projection to match exactly the FP10 output (it's close but not enough to reuse the original mouse handling).