The Emacsmirror is a growing collection of Emacs Lisp packages. All mirrored packages are available as Git repositories. In most cases this is done by mirroring the upstream Git repository, but if upstream uses something else, then the mirror nevertheless makes the package available as a Git repository.
This repository is an integral part of the Emacsmirror. It contains:
- An SQLite database with information about all mirrored packages, as well as all shelved packages (those in the attic) and all built-in packages.
- Submodules for all mirrored and shelved packages. (If you don’t want to use these submodules, then you can just forgo checking them out.)
- The Emacsmirror’s homepage documents how to get started.
- Some package that are related to the Emacsmirror come with manuals.
- The database is now being stored as a text file instead of in its binary form. That gives us more useful diffs and most importantly it allows us to shrink the size of the repository. To accomplish that the old history had to be removed and is now available at https://github.com/emacsmirror/epkgs-v4. The database schemata revision is now 5.
- I keep forgetting to update the changelog. In the process the database format goes from schemata revision 2 to 4.
- All packages that are available from Melpa are also being mirrored now.
- Bumped database version to
2after adding the new columns and tables
- Themes are being mirrored too now. Previously only a select few themes were mirrored. Themes still don’t get the same protection as other packages; if they cause issues then they are being removed instead of being shelved.
- Initial release.