F# Language Support for Open Editors
This project contains advanced editing support for F# for a number of open editors. It is made up of the following projects:
- F# mode for Emacs
- F# mode for Vim
- F# mode for Sublime Text
- An old copy of the F# addin for MonoDevelop and Xamarin Studio 5.0. The latest development branch of this code is now hosted at FSharpMDXS
If you are interested in adding rich editor support for another editor, please open an issue to kick-start the discussion.
See the F# Cross-Platform Development Guide for F# with Sublime Text 2, Vim and other editors not covered here.
The CI builds are handled by a FAKE script, which:
- Builds FSharp.AutoComplete
- Runs FSharp.AutoComplete unit tests
- Runs FSharp.AutoComplete integration tests
- Runs Emacs unit tests
- Runs Emacs integration tests
- Runs Emacs byte compilation
See .travis.yml for details.
The configuration is contained in appveyor.yml. Currently the emacs integration tests do not run successfully on AppVeyor and are excluded by the FAKE script.
Building, using and contributing
See the README for each individual component:
The core shared component is FSharp.Compiler.Service.dll from the community FSharp.Compiler.Service project. This is used by both fsautocomplete.exe, a command-line utility to sit behind Emacs, Vim and other editing environments components.