Packages are mirrored from Git repositories at Github and elsewhere, from repositories using other vc systems, the Emacswiki, and plain text files. Regardless of what upstream uses, on the Emacsmirror each package is available as a Git repository.
Not all packages are mirrored but with it's about 3400 packages the Emacsmirror is by far the largest and also most up-to-date collection available. Packages are updated several times per week. Instead of keeping them around forever obsolete and/or abandoned packages are moved to the Emacsattic, where they are no longer updated.
- Emacsmirror Repositories: https://github.com/emacsmirror
- Emacsattic Repositories: https://github.com/emacsattic
- Issues Tracker: https://github.com/emacsmirror/p/issues
- Emacsmirror Splashpage: http://emacsmirror.org
- Emacsattic Splashpage: http://emacsmirror.org/emacsattic.html
Please use the issue tracker to report missing and outdates packages. Also please tell me when upstream has moved.
Please send pull requests to the upstream maintainers. I don't know enough about each and every mirrored packages to decide whether a patch is good. Also getting your change merged upstream is preferable because then everyone can benefit.