where my Emacs starts
NOTE: this emacs startkit relies on spacemacs and only tested on windows 10. If you want it to work under *NIX, modifications are necessary.
After strugling with Emacs configuration for such a long time, I found spacemacs which combines the best part of Emacs an Vim. Actually, I learnt how to use Vim by using spacemacs.
Right now, I spend even more time using Emacs to fulfill my work because of spacemacs.
split the org settings
I use Org almost every day. As time goes by, the settings grows. There are tons of emacs-elisp in my config.el. So I split the code in config.el into several layers:
- zclorgbasic layer which stores the basic setting for org including the global hotkey.
- zclorggtd layer which stores the settings for GTD using org; I have a post, Organize your life in Emacs Org, for my using of Emacs as GTD tool.
- zclorgexport layer which stores the settings for exporting the org file as html, pdf, markdown
- zclorgpublish layer which stores the settings for publishing the org file as a static website
- zclorggraph layer which stores the settings for using ditta and graphic (the two famous java package)
- zcljournal layer describes my journaling system which keep track of my work.
On my personal blog site www.zcl.space , there is a section dedicated to my use of Emacs.