Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
npm uninstall -g ember-cli-- Remove old global ember-cli
npm cache clean-- Clear NPM cache
bower cache clean-- Clear Bower cache
npm install -g firstname.lastname@example.org-- Install new global ember-cli
rm -rf node_modules bower_components dist tmp-- Delete temporary development folders.
npm install --save-dev email@example.com-- Update project's
package.jsonto use latest version.
npm install-- Reinstall NPM dependencies.
bower install-- Reinstall bower dependencies.
ember init-- This runs the new project blueprint on your projects directory. Please follow the prompts, and review all changes (tip: you can see a diff by pressing d). The most common source of upgrade pain is missing changes in this step.
The following changes are required if you are upgrading from the previous
- Upgrade your project's ember-cli version - docs
- If you haven't already, please remember to transition your Brocfile.js to ember-cli-build.js. more details
- We now bundle ember.js 1.13.5 and ember-data 1.13.7 by default, but please note you can change these by updating bower.json
- We have included support for Subresource Integrety (SRI) by default, to find out more checkout our site's SRI section
- Please note: Testem will now error if a specified runner is missing.
- When installing ember-cli, one can use
npm install ember-cli --no-optionalto skip all native dependencies.
- Addon Developers
- No changes required
- Core Contributors
- No changes required
- #4471 Make the Examples less confusing @mdragon
- #4367 [BUGFIX] Adding check for undefined inRepoAddon option in Blueprint.prototype._locals. @gmurphey
- #4411 Removing unknown command from
ember help. @gmurphey
- #4405 Fix default generated integration test. @blimmer
- #4406 [ENHANCEMENT] Let ember install take multiple addons @DanielOchoa
- #4478 Store acceptance test application in test context. @rwjblue
- #4413 Add clarity for 0.2.7 to 1.13.x transition (build) @pixelhandler
- #4416 bump sourcemap-concat version @kwikPRs
- #4419 Nuke 'ember update' @jonnii
- #4488 Update Ember to 1.13.5. @rwjblue
- #4440 EmberAddon Should Merge Defaults @chadhietala
- #4438 Fix Ember CLI project update link @balinterdi
- #4428 Update #watchman message to point to correct url @supabok
- #4430 Handle a wide variety of bower endpoints @truenorth
- #4454 Always use Brocfile (with deprecation messaging) if it exists @gmurphey
- #4452 [ENHANCEMENT] Detect & skip lib install on http-mock gen @sivakumar-kailasam
- #4456 Updating getPort logic to use liveReloadHost. Fixes #4455. @gmurphey
- #4443 Prevent live-reload-port collisions (by default) @stefanpenner
- #4457 Removing extraneous newline from the component-test blueprint @gmurphey
- #4447 Update to Ember 1.13.4. @rwjblue
- #4449 [ENHANCEMENT] Add --skip-router flag to route blueprint generator @sivakumar-kailasam
- #4484 Updating route blueprint to write to router when dummy flag is used @gmurphey
- #4468 [fixes #4467] ensure commands that fail do to being run in the wrong … @stefanpenner
- #4474 [fixes #4328] patch engion.io-client to use any XMLHTTPRequest, but t… @stefanpenner
- #4462 Make ember destroy and ember generate give a better error when called… @marcioj
- #4466 Native deps now gone @stefanpenner
- #4465 ensure reexporter doesn't introduce instability during builds @stefanpenner
- #4516 update ember-cli-qunit to mitigate some leaks @stefanpenner
- #4489 [ENHANCEMENT] Testem v0.9.0 @johanneswuerbach
- #4483 Adding in ember-cli-sri into application package.json by default @jonathanKingston
- #4524 Update ember-qunit to 0.4.6. @rwjblue
- #4490 Fix code of conduct markdown formatting @max
- #4495 bump ember-export-application-global @stefanpenner
- #4498 Testem v0.9.0 @johanneswuerbach
- #4514 component-unit blueprint - trim component content by default @ramybenaroya
- #4534 add os to version output @kellyselden
- #4536 Remove unnecessary
"use strict";s in "app.js" @nathanhammond
- #4538 Updated ember-qunit to 0.4.7 @stefanpenner
Thank you to all who took the time to contribute!